So Pete, here it is. Study it. Implement it. Here is what your Seahawks MUST do to win the 2014 Super Bowl:
- Pressure Denver quarterback Peyton Manning. Yes, Manning does get "happy feet" when he feels pressure and yes he will throw "ducks" in those situations.
- Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch must get 100 yards or close to it. If he does, that means the Seahawks are eating up time and keeping Manning and the Broncos offense off the field. A low-scoring game favors Seattle.
- Seattle's secondary, "The Legion of Boom," must live up to its nickname by hitting and intimidating Denver's superb group of receivers.
They won't have any problems doing that. Seattle has the best secondary in the league and one of the reasons why is they are super aggressive and don't mind getting flagged for pass interference. In fact, they lead the league in pass interference calls.
Look for cornerback Richard Sherman and safety Earl Thomas to knock some heads Sunday and the devil take the penalties.
- The Seahawks must find a way to get Percy Harvin involved. After an injury-plagued season, the explosive Harvin is finally healthy. This guy can hurt defenses in so many ways it's ridiculous.
If he makes a few big plays, that opens it up for quarterback Russell Wilson and his receivers as well as Lynch.
- Above all, the Seahawks must get an early lead. If they fall behind early, their inexperience in a Super Bowl atmosphere will cause them to panic. If that happens, it could get ugly.
- Getty Images