• Dallas is granted an NFL franchise on January 28th.
• Clint Murchison Jr. (majority owner) hired Tex Schramm to be general manager, Gil Brandt as director of player personnel, and Tom Landry as head coach.
• Wide Receiver Jim Doran was the first Dallas Cowboys player to be selected to play in the Pro Bowl.
• Recorded first preseason win with a 14-3 victory over the New York Giants on August 27th.
• Recorded first non-losing game with a 31-31 tie with the New York Giants on December 4th.
• Ended the 1960 season with an 0-11-1 record.
• Dallas is moved into the NFL's Eastern Conference.
• Bob Lilly is selected as the Cowboys first ever NFL Draft choice.
• Picked up first regular-season win in a 27-24 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 17th.
• Don Perkins became the first Dallas Cowboy to rush for 100 yards in a game when he racked up 108 yards against the Minnesota Vikings on September 24th.
• Training Camp moved to Northern Michigan College in Marquette, Michigan
• Became the first team in NFL History with two 100+ yard runs in same game in a 41-19 win over Philadelphia on October 14th. In the fourth quarter, Amos Marsh returned a kickoff 101 yards and Mike Gaechter returned an interception 100 yards.
• Training camp moved to California Lutheran College in Thousand Oaks, California. • Don Meredith became the first Cowboy to pass for 400 yards in a game when he threw for 460 yards against San Francisco on November 10th.
• Head coach Tom Landry was given a 10-year contract extension.
• Finished 7-7 to record first non-losing season.
• The Cowboys and Packers set a record for fewest passing yards in a game with -11 on October 24th.
• Recorded first sellout crowd (76,251) on November 21st in a 24-17 loss to the Cleveland Browns in the Cotton Bowl.
• First winning season (10-3-1), and Eastern Conference Championship.
• Played in first post-season action in the Playoff Bowl on January 9th. Lost 35-3 to the Baltimore Colts in Miami.
• Texx Schramm named President of the Dallas Cowboys.
• Cowboys' first Thanksgiving Day appearance was a 26-14 win over the Cleveland Browns on November 24th.
• The NFL's move to a divisional format left the Cowboys in the Capitol Division of the Eastern Conference.
• Won their first Capitol Division title.
• On December 23rd, the Cowboys announced plans to build Texas Stadium.
• Recorded first playoff win with a 52-14 win over the Cleveland Browns on December 24th.
• On December 31st, lost NFL Title game 21-17 to Green Bay in game widely known as the "Ice Bowl".
• Recorded first season with double-digit wins.
• Allowed just two rushing touchdowns all year.
• Scored a league high 431 points.
• Broke ground on Texas Stadium on January 25th.
• The last of the original Cowboys (Don Meredith and Don Perkins) retire.
• Recorded fourth-consecutive season leading the league in fewest yards allowed.
• Re-alignment after merger with AFL leaves Dallas in the Eastern Division of the NFC.
• Made first Super Bowl appearance with a heartbreaking 16-13 loss to the Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl V on January 17th.
• The first game at Texas Stadium, a 44-21 win over the Patriots, was played on October 24th.
• Recorded first Super Bowl championship with a 24-3 win over the Miami Dolphins at Tulane Stadium in New Orleans.
• Calvin Hill becomes first 1000-yard rusher for the Cowboys.
• Recorded 100th victory with a 40-3 win over the New Orleans Saints on September 24th.
• Set an NFL record by qualifying for the playoffs for the eighth-consecutive year.
• Only year during the decade of the 70s that the Cowboys failed to qualify for the playoffs.
• Played first season since 1966 without a Thanksgiving day game.
• Bob Lilly named first member of the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor.
• Lost 21-17 to the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl X on January 18th.
• Don Meredith and Don Perkins added to Ring of Honor.