Blitzing the middle linebacker while having the defensive line pinch stunt from the Eagle alignment presents a different, aggressive look for the offense - and creates big play possibilities for the defense.
- The defensive line pinch stunts; Ends stunt into B-gap, Tackles stunt into A-gap.
- The middle linebacker blitzes the C-gap. He must be patient, and let the strong side end cross into to the B-gap before hitting the blitz gap.
- The strong side linebacker will squeeze tighter when rushing, and deliver a blow to the tight end with his inside shoulder. It is important for the Sam backer to keep the outside arm free, as he is responsible for outside containment.
- The strong safety moves to replace the Mike backer's spot left vacant by the blitz. He will pick up the tight end in pass coverage.
- The free safety will slow-release to cover the weak side flat area.
- The cornerbacks have man-to-man coverage.
- The weak side linebacker watches flow to his side, and is a free hitter (unblocked) on a strong side run.
- Instruct the Will backer to watch for screens or draws as he has no initial interior gap assignment.
- Make sure the Sam backer gets 'skinny' (turning shoulders perpendicular to the line of scrimmage as he is blitzing the C-gap), and then squares shoulders quickly when reaching the offensive backfield.
- Instruct defensive linemen to use the 'rip' move when pinching.