In fact, here are some more reasons why the 49ers win Sunday.
- This is looking more and more like it will be a fairly high-scoring game, and the 49ers like it when the scoreboard blazes. In their last 23 games in which they scored more than 20 points, they're 22-0-1.
- On the other hand, the old adage "defense wins games" doesn't go away just because this is the Super Bowl. The better defensive team wins the Super Bowl 70 percent of the time, according to renowned statistician Nate Silver.
The 49ers had the second-best scoring defense this year. The Ravens ranked 12th. Baltimore's defenders are not fast enough to deal with the 49ers' multiple offensive weapons, especially quarterback Colin Kaepernick.
The 49ers have the best offensive line in the NFL, with three first-round draft picks. They will manhandle the Ravens' defensive front.
- San Francisco has never lost a Super Bowl, going 5-0. In fact, they are the only undefeated Super Bowl team among those 18 teams that have been to the big game multiple times.
- The 49ers love the Superdome, and they have a .656 winning percentage there. That doesn't sound great, but it's the best among teams that have played at least 10 games there.
- However, if the game comes down to a field goal, San Francisco could be in serious trouble. Their kicker, David Akers, has had a terrible season. He's tied with Buffalo's Scott Norwood for the third-worst regular season field goal percentage entering the Super Bowl.
- Getty Images